[TYPO3-dev] TS Editor + Structure/Syntax Highlighning + Code completion

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Jul 19 09:22:23 CEST 2006

Hello,

It may sound a bit frightening but all the above features have been accomplished in a
TS-Editor extension I made:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/TSEdit2.png

What you see on the above screenshot is a TypoScript Editor based on rtehtmlarea (I developed
it with 1.3.7 - don't know if it works well with other versions).

You can entery your TypoScript code - whenever you change from on line to the next using the
UP/DOWN/PG-UP/PG-DOWN/ENTER key the code will get validated in the background via an AJAX request.

When you save the code it get's verified in every case.

You have a button in the editor-toolbar which you can use to force a background-verification.

When you type in a line like:

"temp.main_menu."

and you have already defined that:

"temp.main_menu = HMENU"

then shortly after entering the "." all possible sub-options for the current TS-Value will become
available in the drop-down box at the top and cen get inserted using this box (== code completion)

I do not know if the extension currently works well under IE but it performs well under FF

The Syntax verification has been made possible by creating a large PHP array containing the complete
code structure of TypoScript (which was 3 days pure work :( )

If you are interested you can download the extension from the below link:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/T3X_kb_tsedit_htmlarea-0_0_0.t3x

I would be glad to hear about your experiences.

Installation is rather simple: Just install it in the EM, check which options of the Installation configuration
you want enabled/disabled and off you go.

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919