[TYPO3-dev] standard TYPO3 ajax framework

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jul 17 12:48:00 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 17.07.2006 09:26:

>> 1.) People that work in PHP and search for a way to easy and quickly
>> build
>> extensions that implement a simple exchange of dynamic parts a page.
>
> Is this the approach where you don't code in JS at all? And there's a
> huge lib (PHP and JS) behind to implement all kinds of predfined stuff?
> I'm not too keen on any 3rd party code that brings its own paradigm into
> TYPO3. Perhaps I'm too much thinking in terma like TCA, but glueing TCA
> with a lot of code to another lib doesn#t look like a great idea to me.

I would also recommend xajax. I have used it before and you can almost
meet both requirements with one lib:

a) for those JavaScript-phobics you have PHP-functions to "exchange
elements of ID x with this html-fragment", and
b) for those who like to do the javascript by themselves you have a
PHP-function where you return some javascript which will be run on the
calling side.

And you can even mix a) and b) so you can easily exchange some parts in
your XHTML with one call and then still run some other "self-made"
javascript.

As far as I've seen the framework is pretty slim.

Cheers,
Ernesto