[TYPO3-dev] Improving User > Setup

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jul 11 08:16:20 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> User > Setup has one quite annoying feature.
>> If administastrator has been put some override options,
>> those options ase still visible for the user.
>

> You are right.
>
> And as an admin I may want to hide options without overrideing them at all.

What this sounds:

If options are not explicity overrided but hided and they relate with
'Reset all Values to default', those options are set to default values

Hided 'Language' and 'Personal Data' have been save with
last saved settings.

all options can be set using setup.override.disableUserSetup
with comma separated list. Values are the same as in fields but in
lowercase.

> But I'd happy to set any override if it'll remove any unwanted options.

Actual override would then save with override values.

> Please make a patch (diff -u) and put it in an feature request on
> bugs.typo3.org.

I might ade some clear code snippets.