[TYPO3-dev] Extension manager

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jul 8 13:43:08 CEST 2006

Hello,

I would be interested if it is possible to lock every BE-user - which also means
admins - out of the Extension manager.

Currently I tried it with adding:

die("Not allowed");

into the top of "typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php"

It would also be ok to place a .htaccess into this dir to lock everone out.

This works quite fine but I would like to know if there is "some" other way of getting
access to an extensions .T3X file or it's php-files.

The server is properly configured not to show indexes and always tries to execute .php
scripts when opened in the browser. It does not support the ".phpsrc" (or similar) extension
for .php files which shows their source.

So is there another way of gaining access to an extension (or installing/uninstalling one)
except typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php

I would like to know that because I want to be able to show live-demos of my not-yet public
extensions and I don't want anyone to download them before (I know this is completly not in
the sense of open-source but I have my reasons. And they will get released in TER later on
anyways)

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919