[TYPO3-dev] TER troubles again

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sun Jul 2 20:54:56 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> But what now? If the original developers cannot maintain typo3.org I
> think it's time to spend the money. Of course it's sad when nobody steps
> up to save typo3.org, but it's much too important to wait for a yet
> unkown hero.

I don't know if it's really a question of money. If we come up with an
offer like: Here's t3.org and TER, all the code is in CVS, you get as
much permissions as necessary, now do something to enhance it, collect
feedback, recruit helpers, but please don't break stuff. I wonder
whether at least some people wouldn't feel attracted by the position. I
would if I wasn't already two months behind in my thesis schedule ...

> And not part of my rant goes to the ridiculous (sorry, but it is)
> "supported" flag. I want to share my extensions and the EM denies them
> effectively from TYPO3 users. And even worse the search in TER2 hides
> some of them as well.

I still think the idea of security reviews was worth trying. The concept
is fine, only the monster created with TER does not seem to be anywhere
near reviewable. If you had seen the results of Rupi's semi-automatic
security reviews, you would certainly agree that TER is a timebomb.

Greetings,
Michael