[TYPO3-dev] TER troubles again

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Jul 2 20:29:30 CEST 2006

Michelle Heizer schrieb:

> As both an outsider and an insider, I've seen projects begin and end
> with complaints. People complain when nothing is getting done, yet they
> do not help out in the project to fix what is wrong. Then they complain
> again. I will never understand what gives them a right to complain.

I hope I have some rights because I have helped TYPO3 a couple of times ;-)

As for the specific point of complain. typo3.org was then working (incl.
TER 1) not it is broken. typo3.org was relaunched *knowing* the the work
has not been finished because the developers felt that it would never
happen if they didn't do it then. At least this is what I have been told
on this list.

I do value volunteer work very much. I have invested time into TYPO3 and
other projects. And I do know how much it sucks if only your failures
produce any comments.

But what now? If the original developers cannot maintain typo3.org I
think it's time to spend the money. Of course it's sad when nobody steps
up to save typo3.org, but it's much too important to wait for a yet
unkown hero.

And not part of my rant goes to the ridiculous (sorry, but it is)
"supported" flag. I want to share my extensions and the EM denies them
effectively from TYPO3 users. And even worse the search in TER2 hides
some of them as well. I think that a situation like that justifies an
emotional outburst.

Masi