[TYPO3-dev] Advanced Forms

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Wed Jan 25 10:14:51 CET 2006

Hi Edwin,

> 1. per field validation based on conditions (each field can have multiple
> conditions, like regular expressions or simple arithmetic comparisons)
> 2. fields being grouped into sections
> 3. sections being grouped into pages
> 4. hints (question mark with popup on the right)
> 5. conditional field display and section display (for example, when a user
> marks a checkbox a javascript will display or hide a certain other section
> based on changing the style)
> 6. Progress indication (for example, when an extended form is placed over
> three pages, a big 1, 2 and 3 display above which change color from grey to
> red to show where you are)
> 7. ability to change between 'in-line' form display and 'block' form display
> (basically, sometimes you want a layout that has the form inputs layout
> horizontally eg. when entering a birthday or a postal code and a city name)
> 8. Different and extendible types of entry fields
>
> Some of the rendering of the above mentioned points can be done with
> templates.

your functionality proposals sound very nice and promising. Finally
everything that a developer could wish concerning advanced form handling
in web!

The bottom part of your post for me sounded rather complicated. :) But
this might be due to missing abstract programming skills.

Have you or others already had a look at the FORMidable extension? Seems
as well to be an elaborated form framework beingt configured via XML.
Maybe you could join ideas and use existing codes together with the
FORMidable devs?

Regards,
Jochen