[TYPO3-dev] single backend user with utf-8 and englisch language lables

Tim Kleigrewe x27 at e27.com
Thu Jan 19 18:23:31 CET 2006

hi list,

i have a complex typo3 scenario with a shared iso-8859-1 mysql db linked
in ms access in an intranet/extranet solution and now i need
multilanguage support. i can't switch to utf-8 here, but my idea is to
use a subtree that is filled with utf-8 data by an typo3 be-user with
utf-8 backend settings. I need turkish, russian, polish etc and i can't
use 'russian', 'turkish'... users with that language as settings.

Perhaps a condition in localconf.php would solve this (be_user xy ->
force charset utf-8...(?)). A language pack "UTF-8" with english labels
would be great. But it seems that the backend encoding of the language
packs is not set in the extension itself. How to start that?

any ideas?

thank you - tim