[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jan 18 15:02:33 CET 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb am 18.01.2006 14:19:
>

> You forget the part when the plugin tells TYPO3 "ok, cache me, I'm a
> USER". TYPO3 will cache it, and won't ever call it again (until cache is
> cleared). So the plugin can only decide if its USER or USER_INT based on
> piVars and not "SOME OTHER PLUGIN CONFIGURATION" as you mention. Once
> the plugin is of USER-type, thus cached, its too late, as TYPO3 will get
> the info from cache, based on piVars+cHash.

Hm, if the plugin uses cHash it's asking for a cache and should act as a
USER.

If no cHash is present then the plugin can decide if it wants to be
cached. But as you point it out. Once it is cached it's over - the
plugin is in the cache and no more dynamic output will be generated.

But when will that happen?

Anyway, with current USER and cHash it's just the same. The plugin has
to call $TSFE-set_no_cache() to stay in no-cache-mode. Once this flag is
not set - whoops - the plugin is cached and no more dynamic output will
be generated.

You can fiddle with TS what you want, the dilemma stays the same.

But I have the feeling this is a TS-for-everything vs
PHP-code-solves-everything issue. USER_CINT is IMHO a chance to solve
the problem in the correct place, whereas the TS solution is a fine
example what TS can do. USER_CINT won't rob you of any fancy TS code,
but will speed up list/detail-view extension without forcing TYPO3 to
parse more and more TS conditions.

Masi