[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 18 14:31:32 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 18.01.2006 14:19:

> Every USER that has some dynamic output like "list view" calls
> $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache().
>
> USER_CINT solves this problem.
>
> It works as follows:
>
> When TYPO3 encounters a USER_CINT object during page generation it calls
> the plugins function (like it happens with a USER). The function decides
> then, if it wants the plugin output content to be cached. If so it
> returns the content as string (as usual). But if it thinks that the
> piVars call (or SOME OTHER PLUGIN CONFIGURATION - it realy is up to the
> developer) for a dynamic content it returns FALSE. When the plugin
> returns FALSE, TYPO3 will store the plugin for later retrieval for later
> (like it happens with a USER_INT).
>
> When TYPO3 comes to the final part of page delivery when USER_INTs are
> executed now it is also time for USER_CINTs. They are called again with
> a flag that tells them there are in the "USER_INT"-mode. So they now how
> to react.

You forget the part when the plugin tells TYPO3 "ok, cache me, I'm a
USER". TYPO3 will cache it, and won't ever call it again (until cache is
cleared). So the plugin can only decide if its USER or USER_INT based on
piVars and not "SOME OTHER PLUGIN CONFIGURATION" as you mention. Once
the plugin is of USER-type, thus cached, its too late, as TYPO3 will get
the info from cache, based on piVars+cHash.

And if your plugin needs to check for "SOME OTHER PLUGIN CONFIGURATION"
every time the plugin is called, you have a USER_INT, which we already have.

Cheers,
Ernesto