[TYPO3-dev] FlexForms and utf-8

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Mon Jan 16 15:30:22 CET 2006

Hi Elmar,

> This is my full answer:
>
> With good coding style you shouldn't have output strings in flexforms at all,
> but allways get the labels to translation files. Then you only have english
> letters in flexforms and no problem anyhow.
Of course! he problem is...
I have a select box where the user can select from a list on the right
to a list on the left. The items in the right list came directly from
the database which has an utf-8 encoding. In that list, everything is
fine and the special characters are displayed correct.
If the user selects one item and copies it into the left list,
everything is displayed corect until he saves the form. Than the data in
the left list is stored in the flexform datastructure and is also loaded
from it. This is the moment where I get the wrong display. I tried to
hack this directly in the code but it seems that the encoding is broken
by saving it in the flexform.

So I got the idea that this is a bug in TYPO3 but to confirm this I ask
here if someone has the same problem or if I configured something wrong.
  I can't imagine that nobody else ever had used flexforms with utf-8
charsets. ;-)

This whole encoding thing is very tricky for me ;-)

Greets,
Thomas

--
typo3-unleashed.net