[TYPO3-dev] FlexForms and utf-8

Mon Jan 16 15:11:41 CET 2006

Thomas Hempel schrieb:
> Has anyone an idea how the flexform structures can be made utf8 ready?
> When I encode my flexform structure with utf8, the backendforms didn't
> display it right. Any ideas or hints where I can find information on this?

This is my full answer:

With good coding style you shouldn't have output strings in flexforms at all,
but allways get the labels to translation files. Then you only have english
letters in flexforms and no problem anyhow.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/Elements/

In fact you can alternativly seperate you flexform into different language
sections. I have no experiences with this. It's rather unusual to do it.

The question in this case is, if you can do it in utf-8 for all languages and it
is conveted the the used BE char code automatically like for the xml language
files. I would expect that. Maybe it doesn't work and you have discoverd a bug.

If you edit a xml language file you need to make sure, that your editor is
really producing utf-8.

Regards

Elmar

- --
Climate change 2006 is killing people: floods in California, drought and fires
in Australia, Texas, Sahel, Oklahoma, South Africa. The Bush administration is
responsible for corruption of the Kyoto Protocol. The US majority is responsible
to the world for reelection of a convictable [...censored by Echelon...].