[TYPO3-dev] PATCH: Preserve link parameters in HMENU with special=language

Aulis Telle atelle.t3 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 21:16:16 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm developing a new website for our university institute and we
needed a language selection menu with flags. I wanted to code as
little custom code as possible so I used the integrated HMENU with
special=language. This works really good except that link parameters
for the current url are not preserved. But this is important, e.g.,
if you are on a news page and want to read this news item in another
language.

So I dived into the core typo3 code and found a place to fix this.
With the attached patch (against typo3 3.8.1) to the file
class.tslib_menu.php I introduced a boolean configuration parameter
"preserveLinkParameters". If it is unset, the behavious is as before.
If it is true, link parameters are preserved.

What do you think of the attached patch? It works great for me. It
would be really great to see this (or something else with the same
functionality) in typo3 4.0.

Regards

Aulis