[TYPO3-dev] Make a date field required?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 17:27:25 CET 2006

Hello,

it does not seem to be possible to make a date field required. I did
some tests but with a new date field in fe_users but the "!" mark does
not appear next to it.  I changed the kickstarter code to contain
"required":
         "config" => Array (
             "type" => "input",
             "size" => "8",
             "max" => "20",
             "eval" => "required,date",
             "checkbox" => "0",
             "default" => "0"
         )

Is there a way to get this done?  Or is is simply not implemented in the
core?

I have been searching for some documentation about the possible
configurations and the meanings of the fields but have been unsuccessful
up to now.  Can anyone point me in the right direction.  A string like
this contains some mysteries to me:

t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes("fe_users","tx_vivuser_lastpayment;;;;1-1-1,
tx_vivuser_signedmanifest, tx_vivuser_comchannel, tx_vivuser_phone2,
tx_vivuser_phone3, tx_vivuser_email2, tx_vivuser_email3,
tx_vivuser_birthday");

What is the meaning of the ";;;;1-1-1"?  Any documentation on this?

Regards,
Pieter