[TYPO3-dev] Extentions und t3lib_div::loadTCA

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Jan 12 17:41:59 CET 2006

Gregor Spengler wrote:

> t3lib_div::loadTCA("tx_abminijoboffers_jobs");
> t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns("tx_abminijoboffers_jobs",$tempColumns,1)

Is the extension which supplies the table "tx_abminijoboffers_jobs" loaded BEFORE
the extension which extends the fields.

if you look at the code of t3lib_div::loadTCA you will see that there is an

if ($TCA[$table] && ...

which means that at least the ctrl section of the other table must already be loaded.

if the extensions are in the wrong order this would cause that the extending with the
new fields fails (altough I can not explain why it works in BE but not in FE)

I think the method of Stanislas in unneccessary because the method
"t3lib_extMgm::addTCAcolumns" does almost exactly the same (have a look at it)

greets,
Bernhard