[TYPO3-dev] New RSS feeds

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Jan 11 11:09:49 CET 2006

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> I was really happy when you announced the availability of those
> auto-generated packages. But I once tried a nightly quickstart package,
> and had lots of trouble with it. A lot of files were missing (files,
> that were lately *added* to the CVS) and the database.sql file wasn't
> up-to-date with latest database definitions in the core.
>
> Did you fix those errors in the meantime, and did you test the
> quickstart package?

I create the quickstart package using the "package-creator" tool Michael uses
to create the "official" packages before a release.

I don't have much experience in creating packages except what I already did
(the nighties section)

I will talk to him about what needs to get updated in order to reflect the
CVS status properly and if this is achievable easily.

> Another cool idea that I had for a long time already would be
> automatically building the WAMP installer, too. That is possible,
> because the TYPO3 WAMP installer is an NSIS installer
> (http://nsis.sf.net) which can compile on a Linux machine, too. At the
> moment Raphael GEYER <r.geyer at ameos.com> is in charge of the WAMP
> installer.

Of course it would be nice to have an automatic generation of a WAMP installer
from the latest sources/binaries of the required WAMP packages - altough theier
version don't change too often it would be a cool feature.

It would be possible to offer "up-to-date" WAMP packages.

> And BTW, the correct spelling is "nightly" and "nightlies", not "nighty"
> and "nighties" - the latter sounds a bit like underwear :-)

*ups* didn't ask leo for that before

Altough I find it cool to distribute T3 packages as "Damennachthemden" I will added
other vhosts/aliases which are named:

http://t3nightlies.think-open.org
http://t3nightly.think-open.org

I will leave the "Damennachthemden" for convinience (some people already know it and probably
don't read this thread)

Thanks for the information :)

greets,
Bernhard