[TYPO3-dev] New RSS feeds

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Jan 11 10:52:02 CET 2006

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Also note that from tomorrow on the CVS snapshots on:
>
> http://t3nighties.think-open.org
>
> will get made from 4.0.0-CVS (where currently all changes go too).

I was really happy when you announced the availability of those
auto-generated packages. But I once tried a nightly quickstart package,
and had lots of trouble with it. A lot of files were missing (files,
that were lately *added* to the CVS) and the database.sql file wasn't
up-to-date with latest database definitions in the core.

Did you fix those errors in the meantime, and did you test the
quickstart package?

Another cool idea that I had for a long time already would be
automatically building the WAMP installer, too. That is possible,
because the TYPO3 WAMP installer is an NSIS installer
(http://nsis.sf.net) which can compile on a Linux machine, too. At the
moment Raphael GEYER <r.geyer at ameos.com> is in charge of the WAMP installer.

And BTW, the correct spelling is "nightly" and "nightlies", not "nighty"
and "nighties" - the latter sounds a bit like underwear :-)

cheers,
Ingmar