[TYPO3-dev] Placing new TCA fields in an arbitrary position?

Arne Skjaerholt skjaerho at cpi.no
Tue Jan 10 09:48:06 CET 2006

Hello,
I'd like to add a field to the fe_users table with the user's initials.
Looking at the layout of the user input form I'd like to put the new
input field somewhere with the other name and address information in the
form. Now I know about the addToAllTCATypes() function, but that only
adds the new field to the end of the array which isn't quite what I was
looking for; nor have I been able to get the extension kickstarter to do
what I'd like to do, so dos anyone know if what I'm looking for is
possible, and if so, point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,
Arne
:wq

PS: I'm restricted to Typo3-3.6.2. Yes, it's old, but it's the only
option I've got.