[TYPO3-dev] add 'extract option' in the fileadmin module

Brice Bernard brikou at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 23:41:38 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

I agree with you, furthermore there are some usefull extension in the
repository which are not as famous as they should.
I mean that I wouldn't have searched for this extension until bernahrd told
me it exists, maybe it's the same for a lot of people.

It's not a vital extension but a usefull add-on which make mass upload
easier.
And if michael you have time to add this 'patch' for next TYPO3 release it
would really be a nice... :)

Cheers

2006/1/8, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org>:

> Wolfgang Klinger wrote:

> >> I will talk about it to Stucki.
>
> I would really like to see this in 4.0. Feature freeze is coming closer
> but
> I think you can make it.
>
> >  I'm against integrating more and more extensions into the "Core".
> >  We will have to rename it then ;-)
> >
> >  Simply install this fine extension, what's wrong with that?
>
> If there is a feature which is useful for everyone, it should be available
> by default. This is such a feature. That is the same rule that decides
> whether an extension becomes a system extension or not. And since
> kb_unpack
> simply XCLASSes the existing code, it should be merged into the core
> directly rather than be kept as an extension.
>
> - michael
> --
> Use a newsreader! Check out

- Brice -