[TYPO3-dev] add 'extract option' in the fileadmin module

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Jan 8 22:45:27 CET 2006

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:

>  On Sun, 08 Jan 2006, Bernhard Kraft wrote the following:
>> >  I will install your extension, but i already think this extension
>> >  should be
>> > part of the core
>>
>> I will talk about it to Stucki.

I would really like to see this in 4.0. Feature freeze is coming closer but
I think you can make it.

>  I'm against integrating more and more extensions into the "Core".
>  We will have to rename it then ;-)
>
>  Simply install this fine extension, what's wrong with that?

If there is a feature which is useful for everyone, it should be available
by default. This is such a feature. That is the same rule that decides
whether an extension becomes a system extension or not. And since kb_unpack
simply XCLASSes the existing code, it should be merged into the core
directly rather than be kept as an extension.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out