[TYPO3-dev] A small frontend editing issue (Small and Simple Solution)

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Jan 7 10:02:28 CET 2006

> The reloading of the frontend page should to be done in close.html, to be
> sure that the database update has been finished.

THIS was the problem. Adding that functionality to 'Save and close'
didn't work because the update process of the database was not finished.

I tried this to ensure that the update process would first be fininished
when pressing 'Save and close' trying to use mouse state tricks.

$reloadOpenerAndCloseWindow = '
onmousedown="document.forms[\'editform\'].submit();return
TBE_EDITOR_checkSubmit(1);"
onmouseup="window.opener.location.reload(true);window.opener.location.reload(true);window.close()"';

I put $reloadOpenerAndCloseWindow as attritubes of the 'Save and Close
button' but that didn't work. Database was not updated.

 >I added "window.opener.location.reload(true);" to file typo3/close.html
which is called from alt_doc.php if you press the "close" or
"save_and_close" button:

Doing that in a separate page might really help.
How you call the page? The bug report doesn't tell it.
The page close.html should be closed too.

What about some delay for closing the opened window and refreshing the
opener window. If submit would be done immediately and other functions
with delays, that might work.