[TYPO3-dev] A small frontend editing issue (Small and Simple Solution)

Martin Klaus klausm at in.tum.de
Sat Jan 7 03:57:28 CET 2006

Hi Martin, Hi Tapio,

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1136449649.27979.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> tapio schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> When you set the frontend editing opening
>> into a pop-up-window Typo3 when closing the
>> window by using the button *'Save and close'*
>> it would be nice to get the actual page reloaded.
>>
>> Well this would need some JavaScript,
>> which I could add to my extension (and someone
>> in some situation also to the core).
>>
>> Is there any common name, which could tell
>> JavaScript, what is the name of the window,
>> which opens the pop-up-window?
>
> window.opener is a reference to the window object that opened the current
> window.
>
> window.name
> window.opener.location.reload(true)
>
> Masi

a small and simple solution for this issue:
(see: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1149)

I added "window.opener.location.reload(true);" to file typo3/close.html
which is called from alt_doc.php if you press the "close" or
"save_and_close" button:

The reloading of the frontend page should to be done in close.html, to be
sure that the database update has been finished.

----- snippet begin (typo3/close.php) -----

            <script type="text/javascript">
            /*<![CDATA[*/
                window.opener.location.reload(true);