[TYPO3-dev] QUESTIONS about: Redesigned default 4.0 backend skin underway

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.com
Fri Jan 6 18:19:55 CET 2006

Hello,

Brice Bernard wrote:
> I've just read that the new redesign ("Redesigned default 4.0 backend skin
> underway") is ON...

yes, a part of the Design team (Rasmus,Lasse, Kasper and me) met on
wednesday in Copenhagen to discuss and plan this and made a schedule.

> Few questions just come up to me:
>
> - I'm wondering if this redesign is just about 'icons and colors' or is this
> redesign more global (deeper redesign).

Only icons and colors mostly, to fit the CI.
The new skin will be a extension enabled by default - so you can just
disable it and have the old skin back.

> - Does CSS will take advantage to old way to design HTML... (by the way
> bringing a lightweigt CODE)

You mean lightweight code by favoring CSS over inline styles / HTML ?
Definitely. At the moment im restructuring the CSS to be more modular
and well documented.
Next step will involve putting the bugtracker online and cleaning some
extensions of inline styles.

> - Can we make design/usability suggestion and how?

No, as this will only be done to fit the CI which is in the hand of the
design team. But you are welcome to join up for the design/usability
work on 4.5.

We will come back to you next week with a public demo.

bye,
Thomas