[TYPO3-dev] why are flexforms rendered differently than TCEforms?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Jan 4 22:47:04 CET 2006

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Does anybody know why this is like it is, are improvements planed, can I
> help with that?

As far as I have heared, Kasper has planned a complete rewrite of
TCEForms for some time in the future, possibly 5.0, which I think is
really the way to go. Forms are very important, also in Frontend
applications, so a better designed and abstracted TCEForms class would
benefit all of TYPO3 and as a side effect it'll surely have consistency
between normal form fields and fields within Flexforms.

cheers,
Ingmar