[TYPO3-dev] why are flexforms rendered differently than TCEforms?

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Wed Jan 4 22:10:56 CET 2006

Hi all,

this is a question which I often ask myself:
Why are flexforms rendered differently than TCEforms?

To me it sometimes seems as some of the TCEforms features are lost with
this rendering. Examples:
* [1] always_description / descriptions at all
* if you have a required field in your flexform configuration you can not
see  which one is required when starting to fill the record
* you can not see which fields have changed (in TCEforms usaly indicated by
the smal red triangle)

Does anybody know why this is like it is, are improvements planed, can I
help with that?

Ingo

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/interface_sectio/