[TYPO3-dev] Categorization module for Typo3

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jan 3 13:21:07 CET 2006

Tobias Pinnekamp wrote:
> stefano cecere schrieb:
>
>>> categorization. I just wonder, why people are not interesting
>>> creating a proper categorization to typo.
>>

>> it was the first big i felt was missing when i came into typo3..
>> i didn't need such advanced categorizations in lat 2 years, but i
>> think it would be good to check this topic and get nice ext (that
>> doesn't mess with XCLASS)
>>
> Hello together,
>
> i have a small extension which - at the moment - only gives the ability
> to create database records which are the categories and an additional
> field in the page header where multiple categories can be selected for a
> page.

that's a good start. The problem of 'smile_categorization' is input
field for a category - category names can be inconsistent
field type 'group' would be better - good if possibility to add
categories using the '+' link.

> That's all at the moment. Nothing complicated stuff. But if it should be
> interesting for anybody, then I will upload it in this version to the
> repository.

> But I want to enhance the features of this extension. But I don't know
> about all things that have this extension. So if anybody has wishes or
> ideas what I can try to implement just tell me.

Menus like in smile categorization. At least based on pages (smile
categorization sets categories also for content elements).

For pages it would be nice a module, which can set categories for the
pages of the entire site. This could alternative belong into 'Info'
module - a new feature 'category' among existing info.