[TYPO3-dev] access control

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Feb 27 20:25:50 CET 2006

Rico Moorman wrote:
> Welcome back : )
>
> I think in order to first make an attempt to implement it could be wise
> to do it on usergroup level ...

in overall reasonable - it could have correspondling list like selecting
for which FE-groups can see the content.

> One thing I noticed in 3.8.1 was that for example the functions

concerning rendering content elements, there is already a condition,
which checks, if the content element type can be edited or not.
That base on content element types. I added for this an extra condition
to check if the user is an admin user or not. Inside a loop this could
be checked for groups - and no extra variable is not needed.

Needs some new features to the  XCLASS-implementations for 'alt_doc.php'
and 'db_layout.php' ('Quick edit' mode use this for content editing),
which I have done.

The disadvantage of using this system is that it doesn't take element
from lists - users see the access restriction when they try to edit the
resticted content.

edit icons relate frontend editing and they are totally another issue

> further for the list view (>> typo3/class.db_list_extra.inc:790) there
> is a statement getting the permissions for this particular element

not absolute necessary because list module uses  'alt_doc.php' for
content editing.