[TYPO3-dev] new us-patent for rich media applications

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Feb 23 12:43:36 CET 2006

> There was a note [1] at the german news portal heise.de
> which states, that there is a new patent 7,000,180 [2]
> in the usa that protects methods for creating "rich media
> applications".
> The note states, that also the famous AJAX is under the
> subject of this patent.
>
> Perhaps there is a need for further investigation before
> integrating AJAX into the typo3-core.

This is the typical Heise style just to create a new flame war.
The patent itself says nothing about XML, JavaScript or AJAX - but Heise
does.

In fact the patent is about the famous online flashsite building tool called
"pro:FX" that Balthaser created a few years ago.
You can see it on www.balthaser.com

I don't see where this relates to the AJAX approach for TYPO3 since it's all
based on flash and action script.

So keep cool ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian