[TYPO3-dev] RFC: FE-Editing and handling of windows

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Feb 22 12:35:21 CET 2006

Hi,

When you use FE-Editing a click on the edit-icon will open a popup with
the editing-form (alt_doc.php).

Very fine!

Now when U click the "save and preview" button a _new_ window with the
preview will be opened and focused. Any further "save and preview"
actions will update _that_ window but don't focus it anymore.

Wouldn't it make sense to _always_ update the originating-window and
giving it _always_ focus?

I started to dig into it and will see if I can work on the relevant code
but it would be helpful if you could tell me what behaviour y'll prefer.

Anyway we recently had some trouble with users getting lost between the
windows and not being able to identify the window that
received/contained the updated preview.

Thx and Cheers,
Peter
--