[TYPO3-dev] General question: links between extensions/plugins/etc

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 19:07:27 CET 2006

Hi,

i was just thinking about a nice way of being able
to deploy extensions and link between them.

I'm often having to link from a listing extension
to a single-display / form-display extension. I
don't want the extensions / plugins to know about
each other's internal structure OR about the
structure of the URLs.

So, say I want to link from myList (extension or
plugin - doesn't matter) to myForm. The syntax of
the myForm URL is something like:

?id=....&myForm[uid]=123

Now, I want to make a link from myList to myForm -
but I don't want to code the above syntax into
myList at all.

How about making a "helper" class for myForm which
provides a code-level API (i.e. interface) for
myList to request the URL with?

E.g. in myList I do something like:

$items[] =
'....'.myForm_URL_API::linkToSingle($recordUid).'...';

This means that if the URL syntax changes in
myForm i don't need to change any of the plugins /
extensions which link to it.

How does that sound? Has anyone tried this?

dan