[TYPO3-dev] Questions relating new Typo3 4.0 beta3 skin

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Sun Feb 19 18:57:16 CET 2006

Hi!

Thomas Murphy wrote:
> I think the
> color-benefit of the old skin might just be a personal impression that
> will disappear once people get used to it.

I afraid not... I installed new skin and after a couple of days could
not resist more to my editors. I replaced it with old skin. People
cannot work with with skin. It looks nice but it is not usable in
practice...

> And generally, I think it is not very healthy to look on a computer
> screen for 18 hours, even if it's switched off.

Well, eyes start burning after 20 minutes with a new skin. It is too
white. Icons are small. It is hard to look at all these white things.

Btw, my home monitor (really good 19" one!) has a special "Text" mode.
It is designed specially for word processing applications and makes all
white things slightly gray. I think this is the best possible.

Dmitry.