[TYPO3-dev] How to support the review team?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sat Feb 18 18:37:33 CET 2006

Patrick Rodacker wrote:

> So, please let me know how I can support the work of the review team? I
> am not a coding expert, but I know about important security issues and I
> am willing to learn about some new ;-)
>
> Are there some guidelines available how to review an extension? If not I
> am happy to offer some input on that topic or any other part in the
> process as well.

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your enthusiasm. A few words about the reviewing team:

1. It's not a reviewing team, since we're *only* doing basic security
audits because that has the highest priority. As explained elsewhere,
systematic review has failed, and will probably always fail, due to the
sheer number of extensions. We will have user-based ratings instead, and
hope that this will work out.

2. If you like to participate, send a mail to the security team. I'm not
sure about the requirements to get in there because I bribed another
member to recommend me ;)

Greetings,
Michael