[TYPO3-dev] How to support the review team?

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Fri Feb 17 17:53:53 CET 2006

Hi TYPO3-Heads,

thank you very much to all your efforts and time to make TYPO3 the most
powerful and flexible CMS framework around. Aligning the major websites
and the Backend UI to the CI strategy and shipping TYPO3 4.0 with a
whole bunch of new functionality is a huge step in the right direction.
I think you all have done an incredible job and TYPO3 4.0 is really
going to kick ass. Keep on that wonderful work!

Well, due to work load and time pressure several issues need still some
support, so I am here to offer my support. In the ECT I have volunteered
to coordinate the Extension Rating System and Reviews project ... well
some of the work is already done like Michael Sharkow postet on the
typo3org list which is great news. I have some other issues in my mind
when thinking about Extension Ratings and Reviews so I think it is a
good idea to start supporting the review team and get an impression how
things are going to work.

So, please let me know how I can support the work of the review team? I
am not a coding expert, but I know about important security issues and I
am willing to learn about some new ;-)

Are there some guidelines available how to review an extension? If not I
am happy to offer some input on that topic or any other part in the
process as well.

I am deeply impressed about the work that is going on during the last
weeks and I only can keep up my thumbs and smile .... keep on rocking.

Best regards
Patrick