[TYPO3-dev] TER2 : suggest features

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Feb 17 18:35:35 CET 2006

Franz Koch wrote:

>>just a short note: what you see currently is the basis, something we can
>>build on. The plugin for ratings is 2/3 finished, but currently disabled -
>>but it will come!
>>

>Nice - I know that I allready said this somewhere, but it would be nice
>if the rating-system could become something like a service that can be
>applied to *any* database-table without having to add a rating-field for
>MMs to the tables. This way the rating could be applied to *everything*
>which means pages, news, gallery-entries, forum-posts etc. without
>having to create an extension and modify the database tables.
>I also thought about a way to add this via TS which would be really
>nice. Templates and any other configuration could be solved by defining
>a default setup and allow predefined table-based modifications via some
>TS-path like:
>-----
>sv_rating_pi1.conf.table.DB_TABLE {
>	template = {template.basepath}ext/rating_pages}
>	allow_groups = 0,1
>	allow_guest = false
>	allow_comments = true	#applying of a commenting-service
>}
>-----
>Or simply copy the object via TS an modify needed settings. Should be
>possible.
>
>I know that the TER-Rating needs some special treatment, but this could
>be achieved by extending the basic rating-service. Therefor it is a
>service, right?
>
>This concept could also be used for a commenting-service or any other
>multiple-use function (e.g. polls which are some kind of rating).
>
>That was just a thought I had some night, but I think something like
>that is the right way to go in future.
>If the idea is welcome and I can give a helping hand, just drop me a
>note. But I have to say that I'm no professional programmer - more like
>a sparetime one.

We are going to make a new version of ltg_rating, we are going to keep
the good things and throw away the wrong parts.
Currently we have problems with rating that an old object can be rated
as 10 with one rating, while a new object with one rating of 8 and many
ratings of 10 can never be higher then the single 10 rating. Which isn't
fair.
So the system we are going to make will take into account the time of
the rating, when it was last rated and different rating types for a
single object also based on a per table rating.

Ries