[TYPO3-dev] TER2 : suggest features

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Fri Feb 17 17:29:51 CET 2006

> just a short note: what you see currently is the basis, something we can
> build on. The plugin for ratings is 2/3 finished, but currently disabled -
> but it will come!

Nice - I know that I allready said this somewhere, but it would be nice
if the rating-system could become something like a service that can be
applied to *any* database-table without having to add a rating-field for
MMs to the tables. This way the rating could be applied to *everything*
which means pages, news, gallery-entries, forum-posts etc. without
having to create an extension and modify the database tables.
I also thought about a way to add this via TS which would be really
nice. Templates and any other configuration could be solved by defining
a default setup and allow predefined table-based modifications via some
TS-path like:
-----
sv_rating_pi1.conf.table.DB_TABLE {
	template = {template.basepath}ext/rating_pages}
	allow_groups = 0,1
	allow_guest = false
	allow_comments = true	#applying of a commenting-service
}
-----
Or simply copy the object via TS an modify needed settings. Should be
possible.

I know that the TER-Rating needs some special treatment, but this could
be achieved by extending the basic rating-service. Therefor it is a
service, right?

This concept could also be used for a commenting-service or any other
multiple-use function (e.g. polls which are some kind of rating).

That was just a thought I had some night, but I think something like
that is the right way to go in future.
If the idea is welcome and I can give a helping hand, just drop me a
note. But I have to say that I'm no professional programmer - more like
a sparetime one.
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch