[TYPO3-dev] Broken/missing (sym)links causing trouble

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Feb 17 13:33:04 CET 2006

> I hope this email doesn't cause any replies or flames, but
> could make you dear developers to do something which
> benefits whole community.

I will light a little candle: Developers never do something that
benefits the whole community; they do something that benefits various
_parts_ of the community. This is the reality of such a big project
like TYPO3.

So what is irrelevant to you may be important to someone else. When
we plan development the big picture wins over personal interests. We
don't expect everyone to agree or even understand why we prioritize
as we do. And we rather develop than adding the overhead of
communicating our strategy in individual email replies.

It would be a great help for the motivation of developers not to be
charged with these narrowsighted claims.

Thank you.

> PS. What did I say about symlinks. ;-)

I don't know but probably something I would agree with.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"
kasper2006 at typo3.com | +45 20 999 115 | skype: kasperskaarhoej |
gizmo: kasper_typo3