[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-Dev] How to speedup performance in Backend?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Feb 17 03:59:49 CET 2006

Dennis Cheung wrote:

>But that is not a skill to speedup the backend.
>It is a very common skill speedup php/mysql website.
>
>I think usualy, tweaking perforamnce can be done by:
>1. diabled / off heavy functions you won't use
>2. do cache
>3. better algorithm
>
>3rd is not a choise, it need rewrite a lot typo3 core.
>
>2nd can may apply to some part inside typo3.
> you can found a lot of stupid query, if you enabled query log in mysql
> (e.g. Do 60 query for each single column on tt_conent where uid=0)
>
>query cache is not useful, when you has an "timestamp" inside the query.
>mysql need it 100% equals to reuse the query cache.

Would it help to replace all time() functions with some 'constant'
defined in index.php?
So all query's get the same timestamp field in the where clause during
page generation.
I don't think it helps much during out of cache generation of time....

I am not sure if this currently done already... might be worth while to
check out.

Ries