[TYPO3-dev] access control

Rico Moorman rico.moorman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 22:45:27 CET 2006

Well I was digging my way through some of the corefiles and ...as for
access restriction ... I only found the beuserauth class which can
calculate permissions on page level. Maybe I missed something there
though (some classes are really huge :-))
So due to this, one can restrict access to certain pages/branches of the
tree so that either records may be placed and edited on the pages or
not. This affects the possibilites for users in the different web
modules and the clickmenus for pages.
But when it comes to records on pages ... access permissions are
obviously (please correct me if i am wrong) not being calculated on
recordlevel so either you may edit all records on a page or none.
Further the clickmenu possibilities for the records in the main modules
are thus only being controllable via the page access rights.

With a calculation on recordlevel, one could use this to code maybe a
more extended, workflow like extension with making it possible to create
versions of single records in a sysfolder (article records maybe) and
implement some locking mechanism for versions being online.

It could also be used to define groups which may add/edit certain
records on pages (someone who is in charge of the records posted with
some commenting extension) while keeping them away from the main content
of the page (created by some other user/group).

I am curious about your thoughts about it folks : )

gr Rico