[TYPO3-dev] Good for windows, doubtful for others

Mon Feb 13 16:00:58 CET 2006

Martin Schoenbeck schrieb:

> I'm unable to grep the reason for your panic. If it poses trouble on
> anybody, it will be as easy as it was up to now, to create symlinks,
> enabling unfixed extensions. So all installations, using extensions, which
> don't make use of the critical paths, will live easier and all other will
> have to create symlinks.
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

I am not in panic. I will not be the helpless user. I just argued from the
beginning that I don't think it right to bring users into difficulties, if that
can be avoided by doing the step with an early announcement.

It is rather a general question of philosophy concerning the responsible
interation with endusers. But it indeed isn't that big thing to solve. There
will be bigger changes than this with 4.0.

/el