[TYPO3-dev] About comments

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Mon Feb 13 11:23:10 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to ask all of you (and especially core developers!) to put more
> comments into source code :) It really simplifies life.
>
> I am not talking about phpdoc comments
> but about comments inside functions. It is much easier to understand
> what code *should* do as the opposite to what it actually does.

It would also help to just make functions and classes a *lot* shorter,
and use more of them. I don't know how much performance penalty there is
in function calling and class instanciation, but the penalty on *my*
performance reading and understanding TCEMAIN is certainly bigger ;)

Greetings,
Michael