[TYPO3-dev] TER, filtering by expressions

Mon Feb 13 10:54:56 CET 2006

Ries van Twisk schrieb:
> For that, we can let TER scan a extension with it's plugins and validate
> a couple of items and reject the
> addition of a plugin based on a couple of rules.
> Also this can be used the clasify an extension during generation of a
> list for example.
>
> Currently it is to easy (well done typo3, seriously!) to add a extension
> to TER that's why there are so many useless
> extension out there. +3000 isn't it?
>
> Ries

Hi Ries,

I wouldn't reject the addition of plugins. That would hinder an important
concept of open source development "Publish early, publis often".

I don't have any problems with the number of extensions. On sourceforge there
are probably 95% of unfinished projects. But nobody would remove them. They
still contain one or other valuable idea.

The current problem is that all extensions are displayed without any weighting
if you enter a searchword. Usefull and useless extensions are all displayed in
alphabetical order.

Your idea of testing extensions with regular expressions could be used to decide
if an extension can be set to the status beta or stable.

greets

/el