[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Mon Feb 13 10:10:32 CET 2006

Mathias Schreiber schrieb:
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>
>>Also this argument has been exchanged. Please read, don't repeat.
>

> First off, personally I find your style of arguing unnessecarily offensive
> and thus not helpful, but that's my personal impression...

Mathias, aren't you nerved when you are forced to repeat you even in the same
thread. Because people write without having taken up the information that you
have given just before. That doesn't make the NG more readable an costs a lot of
peoples time.

> I have to admit that I read through the thread twice but really can't see
> what you mean by the sentence above.
> Could you point me in the right direction because I think that the
> discussion is way too emotional, thus misunderstandings are underway :)

Michael Stucki has given your last argument 3 days ago and I have proved by
reading the sourecode that it is false at least for the most downloaded
extension, tt_news. You can find that in this thread.

Most downloaded extensions affect the most people, while unimportant extensions
don't affect so much people and doesn't matter so much. If the important
extensions prepare for changings, it proves for me that it is really worth to
give extension developers time, to prepare for changings. The reward is that a
lot of users will have less complications with their most used extensions and
will be pleased with TYPO3 the more.

If people critizise TYPO3 it is mainly because of difficulties with extensions,
less for difficulties with the core. If decisions are made, that will for sure
result in more conflicts with extensions that disserves the project as a whole.
That is acceptable if there is no alternative. But it is a pitty if this
conflicst could be avoided for the most used extensions by giving a reasonable
corridor of time. I already repeat me.

best regards

/el