[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Sat Feb 11 19:32:18 CET 2006

Hi René (alten Wemmser!)!

René Fritz wrote:
> - t3lib/gfx/ will be moved to typo3/gfx/
> 99% of the icons are used by the BE only
>
> - typo3/t3lib/ will be removed
>
> - gfx/fileicons/ will be copied to tslib/media/ for FE usage
>
> - new index.php for FE which include typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/index_ts.php
> - new showpic.php for FE which include typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/showpic.php

I don't believe it. I have never taken a closer look at what those
symlinks are actually good for and now that I see they're only good for
some really minor stuff I can not believe they have not been removed
earlier.
I would love to see the links removed... the whole directory-structure
would just look so much nicer!

Version 4 will bring a lot of new stuff, so it should not be too
difficult to communicate this change to the users. And for those few
extensions that might rely on the old directory-structure one could make
the change public in advance, so that developers have enough time to
update their code.

Just my 2 cents.
Dan