[TYPO3-dev] Time for AJAX coordination?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Feb 10 21:07:26 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> I think your reaction is due to your examins.

Elmar is it just me, or do you have some latent aversion against students?

> * Make your concept an official project of ECT.
> * Present it in on an offical TYPO3 page i.e. a project page on typo3.org  the
> wiki or in the wiki instead of a private homepage.
> * Discuss it with those, who are interested (Dimitry etc.) on
> typo3.teams.extension-coordination.

I seriously don't understand why this issue belongs into ECT at all.
With all due respect, not every TYPO3 issue is an ECT issue. The
decision for an AJAX library is not one of coordination, but of
discussion and technical review of the possibilities.

It's definitely not a first-come first-serve issue, and providing an
extension that works with lib XYZ is not enough of an argument.

Cheers,
Michael