[TYPO3-dev] Time for AJAX coordination?

Fri Feb 10 17:18:45 CET 2006

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Am Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:50:59 +0100 schrieb Elmar Hinz:
>
> Hi Elmar,
>

>>I just published the xajax library as extension because I found it easy to use.
>>You only need to know PHP. Javascript is generated. License match TYPO3.
>

> I already told you that I'm going to start such a project in march when I
> described my ideas with the sketch I posted here some time ago.
>
> So why did you - as the chief extension coordinator - just publish another
> ajax extension? Especially as this extension contains the xajax library
> with no further addition only. This is just another example of how not to
> do it. Anybody who would have needed the pure library could have included
> it in his extension himself.
>
> I would have expected more sensitiveness from someone in your possition.
>

> cheers
> Ingo

Hello Ingo,

I think your reaction is due to your examins.

Other people had already asked to develop a common project for AJAX. You didn't
take up that thread. Then you suddenly published a concept on some private
homepage. No offical TYPO3 side. Do you really expect everybody to stop working
because of this? Is it that what you call sensitive or cooperative?

I did what I could do as "chief extension coordinator", as you call it. I asked
you to bring in your concept as part of the Extension Cooordination Team. We got
no positive answer. I ask you again now. I asked you to cooperate at least with
others, that already started working on this field, and you were insulted. So
what else do you expect me and others to do?

This is what I would expect from you:

* Make your concept an official project of ECT.
* Present it in on an offical TYPO3 page i.e. a project page on typo3.org  the
wiki or in the wiki instead of a private homepage.
* Discuss it with those, who are interested (Dimitry etc.) on
typo3.teams.extension-coordination.

With this you set the preconditions that makes it is possible for us to work
toghether with you and your proposal.

I understand if you have currently not the time for lot of discussion. But you
could let the others at least understand and discuss your concept meanwhile. As
member project ECT would advertise and communicate it.

Regards

Elmar