[TYPO3-dev] Time for AJAX coordination?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Feb 10 16:08:40 CET 2006

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> I just published the xajax library as extension because I found it easy to use.
> You only need to know PHP. Javascript is generated. License match TYPO3.

Oops, I wanted to do the same on weekend ;)

> Conditions to become an ECT project:
>
> * The coordination project (i.a AJAX) finds a project leading person who does
> the coordination, who leads the discussion and the development.
> * Interested people (for AJAX: Onno, Maximo, Dimitri, Ingo, etc.) are actively
> asked by the person to join the project. (If they don't take the opportunity,
> you can't help.)
> * There should be at least 3 active poeple in the project, to serve the label
> "coordinated" at all.
> * The R&D Team has the last decisions.

What do we need to do in this project? I would actively vote for ajax to
become a part of the system (replace current ajax code in t3lib). We can
have a lot of interesting posibilities if use ajax in BE! It will be
much faster and more attractive to end user.

The most important thing, of course, is to make it typo3-friendly
meaning that it should be ready to use in FE plugins and BE modules
without need to invent wrapping code all the time.

Dmitry.