[TYPO3-dev] Slightly OT: Help with podcasts/RSS/linux codec etc.

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Fri Feb 10 15:33:42 CET 2006

Am Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:49:52 +0100 schrieb Kasper Skårhøj:

Hi Kasper,

> The RSS feed:
> - Someone told me that the iTunes specific tags (like subTitle and
> summary) in the feed are not seen if you read the feed with eg.
> Firefox or another regular RSS reader. If someone told me which RSS
> tags to duplicate this info to, I would do it.

itunes          || rss 2.0     || comments
itunes:author   || author      || the rss standard requires to put in the
email instead of the name

itunes:subtitle || ---         || ---

itunes:summary  || description || ---

itunes:keywords || category    || comma separated list

> - Is there a way to provide links to other resources from the feed;
> like alternatively encoded video, websites, sound and pictures? Of
> course, these resources are just additional links, some that iTunes
> should ignore.

I have seen video podcasts which were devided into chapters and contained
links but I think this is itunes specific, too - unless other podcast
aggregators support them as well

have fun
Ingo

--