[TYPO3-dev] Slightly OT: Help with podcasts/RSS/linux codec etc.

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Feb 10 14:25:38 CET 2006

Hi Kasper,

> The RSS feed:
> - Someone told me that the iTunes specific tags (like subTitle and
> summary) in the feed are not seen if you read the feed with eg.
> Firefox or another regular RSS reader. If someone told me which RSS
> tags to duplicate this info to, I would do it.
> - Is there a way to provide links to other resources from the feed;
> like alternatively encoded video, websites, sound and pictures? Of
> course, these resources are just additional links, some that iTunes
> should ignore.

Sorry I'm not an RSS expert, so I can't answer this.

> Codec:
> - Michael Perkhofer (our video-codec guy) told me that VLC plays the
> podcasts (encoded with H.268) just fine on Linux. Yet, I never became
> good friends with codecs on Linux and would expect many others to
> have problems. Could someone confirm Michaels observations, or share
> experiences/problems and most importantly; Device a strategy for
> making the podcasts available on Linux as well?

Didn't you notice in Fiesch that I could watch the podcast with no problems?

I think the codec is fine and working, but I think that for such a small
window size, the filesize is much too big. So I would have preferred a
different codec, but I think this is not possible because it won't play on
iTunes/iPod.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out