[TYPO3-dev] Check if FE-User is member of a fe_user_group

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Thu Feb 9 13:43:16 CET 2006

Hi list,

I am programming a FE-Plugin, that will show some data to the logged in
User. The output should be different to different fe_user_groups. The
ids of the groups are provided by TS.
Now what I need is a function that gives me all ids of the users that
belong to a specific fe_user_group. Is something like that existant? I
couldn't find an api for fe_authentication, perhaps I was just blind.

If there is no api, how do I have to process the blob field in the
fe_users table, to find out if this user belongs to my group... or is
there a sql function? I don't think so...

Thank you for your help!!!

Greetings

Andreas