[TYPO3-dev] indexed search FE class question

Horn Gábor gabor at h3online.hu
Thu Feb 9 03:31:01 CET 2006

Hi,

can u help me please which class provides the FE funcionality for
indexed search? (the search form, and the result rows w/ the
pagebrowser). I thought it's
typo3/sysext/indexed_search/pi/class.tx_indexedsearch.php

but i'm not sure now :)

My problem is that in the FE the in the results the text are
htmlspecialchars-ed, and as in our database there are some ó and
õ and friends, they appears incorrectly in the search result
"quotes". In the english ML i saw others experienced this problem but
didn't find solution. As a dirty and fast solution i replaced all the
htmlspecialchars() calls to $this->htmlspecchars() and i added that
funcion to the end of class.tx_indexedsearch.php to perform some check
etc. But seems it's ignored (even if i do a trivial modification there,
eg return the paramter string in bold to be sure it's called). Can u
help me please where should i add this function so it's called on the
html output of search results, before it's displayed?

Of course i'd prefer a nicer solution than modifying the sysext class,
even for testing and learning purposes :)

thanks for any hints,

hirisov